Monday, January 6, 2014

Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spas Review

Product sent for testing by Influenster


Happy Monday, dear readers! I wanted to feature another beauty product from my Influenster Violet Vox Box on my blog, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


I had the pleasure of testing out this Crushed Arctic Cloudberries Glacial Clay Spa by Montagne Jeunesse. I've always loved using masks, and this one was a little more unique than the others I have used in the past. After you cleanse your skin, rather than applying a paste onto your skin, you lay clay-infused bamboo fabric on your face. This means you can get it on your face quickly without a big mess and cleanup is fast!

I need to point out that I have sensitive skin, and these types of masks don't always agree with me. Prior to using it on my face, I opened the package and rubbed some of the clay infusion onto the underside of one of my arms. I know not everyone tests their products prior to using, even the first time, but I do recommend it. After having no problems after 10 minutes, I went ahead with using the mask on my face as planned. 


This is a good look on me, right? I took a few photos of me smiling, but it looked rather terrifying with the mask on top so I opted to use these ones instead.

Something that I noticed that you can probably tell from these photos is that is rested very well on my face with the exception of my chin. No matter how much I pressed down on my chin, it would not stay down if I had my face upright like in these photos. That probably should have been my cue to just lay down and relax. It was slightly obnoxious, but the loose weight did not pull the mask off my face. Nor did the mask scare my baby. Ok, so maybe that last comment isn't the most helpful for you, but I was pleased that he didn't seem to mind it at all. :)

One of the features of this particular mask was the cooling effect (hello, Arctic!), and it was noticeable but not overpowering on my skin. That being said, it started to burn my eyes. I made sure that none of the mask or the clay paste trickled into my eyes; it was just the smell, although seemingly not too strong, was just too much when it was on my face for an extended time. The mask was supposed to be on my face for 10 to 15 minutes, and I ended up having to remove it after 9 minutes. The burning sensation in my eyes was gone immediately, and my skin felt refreshed and clean. This clay spa mask was definitely a fun product to experience, and I love the affordability at $2.49 each!

Do you use clay masks? Which ones do you love?

Until next time, dear readers, have a great day!

Disclaimer:  The products reviewed above were provided to me for my honest and unbiased opinion. All thoughts stated are entirely my own and are based on my use of said products.  I love receiving feedback from my readers, and any comments left here are the express opinions and/or property of the individual authors.  Therefore, I, the author of this site, cannot be held responsible for the opinions held by others.  I reserve the right to remove any comments that I find to be harmful, unnecessary, or not constructive for other readers.

10 comments

  1. I don't think I've ever tried a clay mask before! I'll have to check this out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something I would like! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sounds great. And what an awesome price point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to pick one of these up since they are so affordable! And I think they're so funny when they come on the paper backing like this!! :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I've never tried these but have heard so much about them! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! My son enjoys me wearing face masks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see facial mask reviews! I'm addicted to doing these. I have a ton of clay masks. I currently own ones from Lathers & Lights, Goodstuff Organics, Kaia House, Chemically Naked, Now Foods/Solutions, etc.

    Rhassoul clay is my favorite clay of all. Absorbs oil without drying out the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A spa is a place where you can may feel relaxing and reaping the health benefits it provides is something many of us aspire to, Thanks for sharing this Spa facial in Barrie

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Laugh, Love, Contour. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.