Monday, July 28, 2014

Adventures at Cosmoprof North America: NYX Cosmetics

Good morning, dear readers, and happy Monday! I hope you have had a great start to a new week! I still have a lot more to share with you from my time at CosmoprofNA, so let's get to it.

Today's post is featuring NYX Cosmetics. I was excited to see they had a booth at the convention and just had to stop by. My beauty budget is tight, and NYX Cosmetics is arguably my favorite brand for affordable makeup. I love that I can pick up several products and it isn't painful on my wallet. The quality is on par with so-called "high-end brands", so I never feel like I am missing out. Here are some of the new products featured at the show.

Honey Dew Me Up Primer
Honey Dew Me Up is a gel face primer that contains honey, gold flecks, and collagen. The price point of $17 is a little higher than usual for NYX products, but given that it is currently sold out on their site online, it must be in demand! I now have some of this primer to try for myself; my opinion about it will be coming up soon!


Proof It! Waterproof Eye Shadow Primer
I remember a time when I used to spend a lot of time on my eye makeup only to have it smeared and dull after a couple of hours. Thankfully I was introduced to eye shadow primers! NYX Cosmetics has their own eye shadow primer, and I also have one to test out. I'm crossing my fingers this works well for me. I've only found a couple primers that work well for me, but the $7 price point of this particular product from NYX makes me much happier!



The Adorable and The Sex Bomb Eye Palettes
More eye shadow palettes! Yes! I first got into the NYX Cosmetics brand because of their eye shadow palettes. I really like the colour combinations in both these palettes, but my favorite part is these palettes contain both matte and shimmer eye shadows. Now that I am getting older, I personally prefer to not wear all shimmer eye makeup, and all mattes are just too boring and flat for my taste. The Sex Bomb shadow palette will be making an appearance on my blog in the near future. I'm really curious about that red matte!


Hot Singles Eye Shadow
If you're not a palette kind of person, NYX Cosmetics also has numerous eye shadow singles to choose from the create your own fabulous eye look.


Primal Colors
Vibrantly colored, these pressed pigments are designed for all your special effects needs. This is the ultimate product for the stage and runways.



Balance and Renew Skin Elixirs
I could not get a decent photo of these skin elixirs and editing them only makes it worse; my apologies for that, dear readers! I still wanted to show these skin elixirs to you. Balance uses tea tree oil while Renew incorporated coenzyme Q10 to give your skin a smooth and vibrant finish. While not touted as a primer, I've heard people use these under their foundation for a nice even finish. I'd love your feedback on that if you've tried it!


All Over Balms
These are just two of the three All Over Balms from NYX Cosmetics. Each all-purpose body balm is infused with nourishing oils to improve the health and appearance of your skin. These two are infused with macadamia nut oil (left) and coconut oil (right); the third is infused with argan oil.


Have you tried any of these products? Are there any you are wanting to try out? I'd love to hear your thoughts about them!

Until next time, dear readers, have a wonderful day! XO!







5 comments

  1. Can not wait to hear about that eye primer. I use urban decay now and that is pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye Primer and All Over Balm are the two things that have caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Laugh, Love, Contour. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.