Monday, October 27, 2014

Lacquistry Fall Colours: Swatches and Review

Happy Monday, dear readers! Only a few more days until Halloween! My family and I attended a Halloween carnival and fall festival this past weekend, and I am really looking forward to taking my toddler trick or treating this year. Rather than giving out candy, we decided to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project. Thankfully my son doesn't have any food allergies that we know of (knock on wood!), but not all children are so fortunate. I bought a bunch of pirate temporary tattoos to hand out to the kids in the neighborhood, and I am so excited about it!

Since I am clearly in the Halloween spirit, how about some nail polish photos that are perfect for the holiday? Jenna, the proprietor and mastermind behind the indie brand Lacquistry just released her new fall and Halloween shades at her etsy shop. I've been collecting polishes from her for a few years now, so of course I had to pick up some of her new ones!
The polishes are really pretty, and look at her business card! I'm totally digging the spider web cutout for Halloween!
My polishes arrived wrapped and ready for Halloween in this festive candy corn bag.

Let's get a closer look at the colours!

Obsessed
Obsessed will leave you feeling, well, obsessed! The violet based polish contains glitters that shift from purple to aqua, and I am loving this colour! The colour is a little on the sheer side; I used two coats plus topcoat for these photos and still had a little bit of visible nail line. I personally love it like this, but you can add another coat if you would prefer a more opaque finish.

Funkin' Pickin' Punkins'
Oh look, I picked up an orange polish! Ha! I know nobody is surprised to see this one in this post! Funkin' Pickin' Punkins' is a gorgeous deep orange shade, and the golden flakes are simply amazing! It's pulling a little on the red side against my olive skin tone, but the flakes keep it from being too dark. I used two easy coats plus topcoat for these photos. This polish is densely pigmented, and you might find one coat will suffice if you tend to use thicker coats.

In Vino Veritas
Translated from Latin, In Vino Veritas means "in wine there is truth". The colour is beautiful, but I knew I had to get this particular shade since I now live in wine country. I'm not a big drinker, but I do enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail on occasion, and I am currently looking for a great locally made wine. This shade is so rich and gorgeous, and the formula was perfect! In Vino Veritas is also very pigmented, and while I did use two coats plus topcoat for these photos, I probably could have gotten away with using just one.

I really love these new colours! They are all still available for purchase at the Lacquistry Etsy shop located here.

Until next time, dear readers, have a wonderful day!
XO!













Post a Comment

On Instagram

© Laugh, Love, Contour. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.