Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sweet Addictions Box: November Edition

Good morning, dear readers; I hope this post finds you well! I am delighted to share the latest installment of the Sweet Addictions box sold by Cupcake Polish to you today! I obviously love nail polish, but one of my other passions is rocks and minerals. I attended the Gem & Mineral Show in Tucson every year when I was still living there, and I went to the Gem Show in Denver just last month. I was thrilled when Sara informed me that the theme for the November box is "Gemstones", and I could not WAIT to see who else was in the box and what everyone came up with! There are so many beautiful stones for inspiration, and these ladies did not disappoint!

In addition to Cupcake Polish, Darling Diva Polish and DIFFERENT dimension contributed stunning shades to this box. Each of these jewel-toned shades are a sight to behold, and I hope you are just as excited about these polishes as I am! Let's check them out!

Cupcake Polish
Emerald Aisle
Indoor Lighting
Sunlight
A rich dark green linear holo. This polish was inspired by the emerald.

I am absolutely in love with this rich emerald green shade! Green polishes just don't get enough attention, and this emerald-inspired lacquer is divine! It is also densely pigmented; you can easily get away with just a single coat. I am very much a creature of habit when it comes to my nails, so I still ended up using two coats for these photos although I did not need to at all. The formula was smooth, and it applied like butter!

Darling Diva Polish
Tina the Labradorite
Indoor Lighting
Sunlight
A vibrant blue with pink, purple, blue, gold, and black flakies with a linear holographic finish. This polish was inspired by labradorite.

I have to admit, of all the gemstones I thought could be represented in this box, labradorite never even crossed my mind. I'm really glad that Carrie thought of it though because this is beautiful! The combination of flakes capture the essence of the stone perfectly. I used two flawless coats for these swatch photos.

DIFFERENT dimension
Saphir Rose
Indoor Lighting
Sunlight
A pink linear holo packed with lots of pink shimmers. This polish was inspired by the pink sapphire.

Sapphires are one of my favorite stones because they come in such a range of colour and are ideal for every day wear due to their hardness. I don't have any pink sapphires, so I am happy to let this beautiful pink shade fill that space. The shimmers add so much depth to the base shade, and it really does make me think of pink sapphires! Like the other polishes in this box, the formula of this stunner is impeccable, and I used two coats for these photos.

I am loving the gorgeous creations found in the November box! The only part that makes me sad is there are ONLY three colours! I may have to try to sweet talk these ladies into making some other fabulous shades inspired by other stones or hope that Sara has this theme again in a future box. *hint hint* They really nailed the colours based on their stone inspirations, and I love working with such sublime formulas.

The November Sweet Addictions Box launches here this Sunday, October 19th at 11AM CST. The box will be sold for $30 each plus shipping and handling. I suspect this box is going to be very popular because all three shades are holographic, so you may want to snap this one up as soon as possible before it sells out.

What do you think of this box? What shade would you wear first? I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time, dear readers, have a wonderful day!
XO!





1 comment

  1. I might have to try for this! These colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Laugh, Love, Contour. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.