Monday, November 24, 2014

Sweet Addictions Box: December Edition

Happy Monday, dear readers! Yep, that was painful to say; where did the weekend go?!? It seemed to fly by so quickly for me! At least this week has the Thanksgiving holiday for those of us in the US, so it shouldn't be too crazy. My little family is staying put as we're not fans of holiday travel, and it also means lots of turkey leftovers. Muahaha! I'll probably be sick of turkey by day 3. This is completely irrelevant to this blog post, so let's get to it!
For this morning's post, I am delighted to share with you the soon-to-be-released December Sweet Addictions box! For those of you not familiar with it, the Sweet Addictions Box is a monthly box released by the charming Sara of Cupcake Polish. Each month has a specific theme and features an exclusive Cupcake Polish shade in addition to polishes from two other indie brands, also exclusive to the box. The theme for the month of December is Frosty the Snowman (go ahead, you can sing the song to yourself, I'll wait.....), and the participating brands are Cupcake Polish (of course!), Chaos & Crocodiles, and Elevation Polish. This box is legend with such illustrious brands partnered together! I might have died, in a good way of course, when I heard who all was contributing to this box! I'm obviously really excited about the box, so let's get to the details!
AHHHH! I'm totally digging these colours! The polishes arrived securely wrapped and on a bed of festive green shredded paper.

Merry and Bright
Cupcake Polish
Indoor Lighting
Sunlight
Warm toned red linear holo with a touch of holo red glitter and bright red glitters

I've been drawn towards red polishes lately, and this stunning red holo took my breath away! There is so much sparkle in this bottle, and I keep picking it up to swirl it around. It's a gorgeous red, and so perfect for this time of year! The formula was really nice, and I used two flawless coats plus topcoat for these photos.

There's Magic in the Air
Chaos & Crocodiles
Indoor Lighting
Sunlight
Creamy periwinkle linear holo

I'm really digging this shade of blue! It makes me think of quiet snowy days when the snow is still falling to the ground. The formula was very smooth and creamy; I used two easy coats plus topcoat for these swatch photos. It is quite opaque so one coat may be enough for you if you tend to paint with thicker coats.

Eye's Made of Glimmering Coal
Elevation Polish
Indoor Lighting
Sunlight
Metallic gunmetal grey linear holo with grey and silver micro flakies

I don't think I would have thought to use Frosty's eyes as inspiration for polish, but I am sure glad Lu of Elevation Polish did! The base colour is beautiful, but it is the additional microflakies that make me swoon. This really does look like glimmering coal! The formula was impeccable for this polish as well, and I used two easy coats plus topcoat for these photos.

I am loving the polishes in next month's Sweet Addictions box! Don't worry, there is still time to grab one for yourself! The December box launches November 30th (that's this Sunday!) at 11am CST at Cupcake Polish here. You can also follow Cupcake Polish on Facebook here and Instagram here for shop announcements about the box as well as the new winter collection!

Are you excited about the December Sweet Addictions box? Which colour is your favorite? I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time, dear readers, have a wonderful day!
XO!







1 comment

  1. I don't think I can visit your blog anymore. You cost me too much money. LOL. As usual, your swatches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Laugh, Love, Contour. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.