Thursday, November 6, 2014

Zoya Matte Nail Art

Good morning, dear readers! I have a quick nail art post to share with you this morning. I've been really loving nail art looks created using NailVinyls, and you need to remove the vinyls while your nails are still wet for cleaner looking lines. I was curious how well the newly re-released Zoya mattes (see individual swatches here) would play with this technique since they dry very quickly, and what better way to find out than to test it myself! I had a few vinyl nail decals from KBShimmer to play with, and I decided to put them together. Check it out!
To create this look, I used the thin lines vinyl nail decals, zig zag vinyl nail decals, tribal themed vinyl nail decals, and the single chevron v vinyl nail decals. I used Zoya polishes in Savita, Harlow, Posh, Loredana, Dovima, and Veruschka. I then topped my nails off with WaxWorks topcoat from Cameo Colors Lacquers.

Overall, I think this manicure was very successful. As I mentioned previously, the matte polishes dry very quickly, so I worked as quickly as I could to apply them to my nails and to remove the decals as soon as possible. The polishes still dried quickly, so there was the slightest bit of distortion when removing the vinyl decals. The ridges of the tribal themed decals in particular were lost, particularly along the sides of my nails. I decided to top my manicure off with the WaxWorks topcoat to help soften the areas where the polish dried too quickly and pulled the lines slightly.

What do you think of this look? Is this something you would try? I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time, dear readers, have a wonderful day!
XO!


1 comment

  1. I think this turned out awesome! Man these Zoya mattes are everywhere, so glad I have them all now so I can start experimenting with all these ideas...

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Laugh, Love, Contour. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.